How to format text
Before formatting question appearance, there are a few points that should be noted in advance:
- The questionnaire editor is NOT a WYSIWYG editor and the questionnaire formatting will only show partly in the questionnaire editor.
- The questionnaire editor is based on building blocks, e.g. a group of text elements. Formatting text will therefore not always be as simple as formatting in e.g. Word.
The most commonly-used text formatting settings are available from the Question ruler as buttons or dropdown menus.
Font size (Text)
For interactive questions the text may also be specified from within the Interactive menu.
Normal text formatting
To format a text element:
- Select the text to be formatted (put the cursor within the text only) or select multiple rows / columns. Selection will be highlighted
- Format text by clicking the buttons.
mphasize single word (or sentence)
To format a single word or sentence can be done in the following way:
- Create text as normal
- Put the cursor in the word you want to emphasize
The line divides as shown above
You can also do the following:
- Select Ctrl+Enter. The text will be split into two text elements (If you instead of Ctrl+Enter select Shift+Enter a forced line break will also be included)
- Repeat (2) by putting the cursor in front of the first next word(s) you DO NOT want to emphasize. Select Ctrl+Enter. The text will now be split into three independent text elements.
- Format the text element you want to emphasize.
- In the survey in the web browser the formatting will be shown as a normal, inline formatting.