How to create a filtered question
Note: A filtered question will be asked if a filter is TRUE. To create a filtered question this can easily be done using the following steps:
- Select the question you want to be filtered.
- Click “filter” The filter builder will open (see below)
- Select the question the filter should be based on (condition)
- Select the categories that should be selected if the filter is to be TRUE
- Add the selection to the filter "Add this filter".
- If the filter is only one logical expression, Select "OK"
- If the logical expression consists of more than one filter, select a new filter and add this to filter
- When finished, select “OK”
- You may also add advanced options to the filter. Select "Advanced, and the following menu opens:
The most relevant ones here is "Negate filter". This will set a "NOT" before the expression you have selected
- From the dropdown you may also select "AND" and "OR" between the filters. Using Parenthesis you may create almost any Boolean expression.
- When OK, the syntax for the filter (or combined filter) will appear in the editor. Selecting the sub-question, you will also see this expression to the right in the options menu. Best practice: You may then copy this expression from one question to another without using the filter builder.