How to activate row rotation in a question
If you want to rotate the order in which the rows are presented (in order for not being biased), this can be done in a very simple way.
- Select the question, in which you want the rows to be rotated
- Select: “Row Rotation”. A dialogue box appears.
- Select the rows you want to have included in the rotation.
- As shown: The first 8 rows will be rotated. The last row will always remain un-rotated i.e. will always be the last category.
- It’s also possible to define multiple groups of rotated categories. If you select the categories as shown below the 3 first categories will rotate then the 2 next categories will always be un-rotated as number 4 and 5. The categories 6,7 and 8 will rotate randomly and the latter “Don’t know” will always be category 9.
- Random = default.
- Alternate= Every second respondent will see the codes in this sequence: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. The rest will see the rotated categories in reversed order, i.e. the sequence : 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,9 (as 9 is never rotated)
- Sequential: The rotation will get a random starting point and follow the sequence, e.g. starting with 4: 4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,9. The un-rotated category (9) will always come as the last one.