How do I swap the rows and columns in a grid question in a cross table?
Standard for displaying a grid question is to show the rows (block) first, and then the categories beneath. You can see an example below:
Please note the following possibilities:
- If the rows are filtered, you will have a individual base documentation for each row.
- If the categories are sorted, the categories for each row will be sorted individually across the blocks.
To swap the rows / columns:
- Select the question(s) you want to edit, right click. The options wheel appears
- Select “Edit question”
- In the lower, left corner of the question editor, select “swap row / columns”
- You may also merge rows or columns as you want. As you will see, you have the possibility to sort even across merged categories