How do I create hierarchical (nested) tables?
In Superdig, it is simple to create an extra hierarchical level to the tables, both in table columns and in table rows.
- Select the first level questions into the row or columns drop areas.
- To create a columns hierarchy: Select the question(s) in the column group you want to be a first level question
- Then, on the left, in the question list, select the question you want as a second level and right click. Select “Add to column hierarchy”
- The table will now have two levels in the column. A green flag now indicates that this is a hierarchical table
- You can do this in the same way in the table rows. Select the question(s) in the row group you want as a first level question
- In the same way, in the question list on the left, select the questions you want as a second level and right click. Select “Add to row hierarchy”.
- A green flag now also indicates that the hierarchical structure, both in columns and rows. A base row for each level is displayed.
Example, selecting the "Region" question, and add to column hierarchy to the selected question "Gender"
The result is then: