How do I create averages in categorical grid questions in charts?
Superdig also enables you to create numeric values from semantic, categorical scales. This will most often be a single grid question and can be examplified with the following:
- “On a scale from 1 = Totally disagree, 2 = somewhat disagree, 3 = neither nor..”
- “How often do you….”Every day, 3-5 times a week, once a week, 2-3 times a month…”
If you want to create numeric values based on these categories, you should use the following steps:
- Select the question(s) you want to edit. Right click and the Options wheel appears
- Select “Edit question“
- To the right of the labels of the “Response columns” you may enter the categories’ weight value in two ways
- For a typical question 1 type above, you might want to set weight values to code values. Right click within the “Response columns” area, and Select.
- For a typical question of type 2 above, you will probably want to enter your own weight values. This can be done very easily by simply entering the respective weight values manually.
- The result will be a graphic showing only the averages