How do I swap the rows and columns in a grid question in charts?
Standard for displaying a grid question is to show the rows (block) first, and then the categories shown within – or stacked.
Please note the following possibilities:
- If the rows are filtered, you will have a individual base documentation for each row
- If the categories are sorted, the categories for each row will be sorted individually across the blocks.
To swap the rows / columns:
- Select the question(s) you want to edit, right click. The options wheel appears
- Select “Edit question”
- In the lower, left corner of the question editor, select “swap row / columns”
- You may if you want, also merge rows or columns as you want. In this case we have merged categories 1 and 2, 3 and 4 and category 5 is unchanged.