How to use range to aggregate quantitative variables
Range can used to ensure that the allowable sum of answers is within a certain number.
You have the following question: “Of the last fillings of gasoline, how many did you buy at…? These are the following assumptions you will use:
- Question type will be numeric.
- A quantitative variable with a length of 2 digits will be used.
- The sum must equal 10 fills with gas: Range = #10.
- Create a NUMERIC question (with two digits)
- Select the Answer control button
- Specify the sum (in this case 10). The programmed logic will appear below: